A space in Marineterrein for people to enjoy soundscapes and experience the joy of an interactive sound garden.
This is a proposal for a sound garden with sound sculptures and instruments in unactivated space in Marineterrein. The space around the heliveld is under-utilized and uninviting, and we hope to activate it with this sound garden.
We want to purchase and install outdoor sound wellbeing instruments such as:
- Wind chimes that invite visitors to take in the sound garden atmosphere
- Tubular bells with mallets fixed on separate stands
- Sound plate that spreads resonance equally in all directions
- Metallophone that produces a light and playful mood
- Listening ear makes conversations possible over a longer distance
- Tap tong that creates patterns of resonating bass
- Bamboo grove for an immersion in joyful attention
A shipping container will be repurposed to store instruments such as singing bowls, gamelan, gongs, and drums for public sound experiences.
This will be a welcome and open place of musical exploration and reflection for all Amsterdammers and visitors to Marineterrein. It invites you to stay and play, to enjoy the wonder of sounds, and to discover music inside yourself.